Duplicate Area Plans to a Different Scheme
If you have a set of Revit area plans and you’d like to duplicate them to a different area scheme, you can use Ideate ViewCreator to accomplish this task. Before you begin, make sure you have your new area plan already defined within the project, then follow the steps below.
- Launch Ideate ViewCreator
- Select the Duplicate Method
- Select the rule called “*DUPLICATE” or “DUPLICATE — Change Family” if it is available. The Change Family is newer and aligns the view name with the area scheme name.
- Use “Select Views” to go to the next page.
- Use the “Duplicate to Other Family’ option, as shown above, then pick one or more area plans from one area scheme.
- Select Next, then pick the new area scheme type to which you will duplicate.
- OPTIONAL: when you are duplicating to a new area scheme you will be prompted about whether you want to copy any existing boundary lines. Unless you are certain, pick the option to not copy the area boundary lines.
- OPTIONAL: the “DUPLICATE — Change Family” is set up to allow a view template override. You can set the new area scheme views to a specific view template if desired.
- The proposed new view names can be edited here, or you can select Rename Views and complete the process.
RESULT: New area plan views that match the crop and 2d grid settings of the original views are now created. New area boundary lines may be also duplicated during this process.
Related topic: Duplicate Floor Plans to Ceiling Plans