San Francisco, CA, July 14, 2021 – Ideate Software, an Autodesk® AEC Industry Partner and Autodesk® Authorized Developer, is pleased to announce the fifth anniversary of IdeateApps for Revit, a collection of tools that streamline the tasks that Revit users perform most often.
Launched in the summer of 2016, IdeateApps contained four Revit add-in tools that addressed challenges the Ideate Software Support team heard most often:
- Ideate ReNumber: Quickly update element numbers and names
- Ideate XRay: Determine and fix problems causing element visibility issues
- Ideate SmartDelete: Review elements that will be deleted along with a selected element
- Ideate QuickSelect: View all instances of difficult-to-find items
“We built awareness through several task-focused webinars, and the feedback was overwhelming,” said Glynnis Patterson, Director of Software Development, Ideate Software. “Clearly Revit users wanted to automate time-consuming processes, so we reviewed the Autodesk Ideas Forum and asked our customers for thoughts on additional workflows that could be improved.”
Tools Added to Address Requests from Revit Users
Within just a year, Ideate Software added four more tools to the collection:
- Ideate SpellCheck: Check open sheets and views, sheets in a sheet list and all schedule
- Ideate SheetManager: Filter sheet and view lists, create sheets, and place views onto sheets
- Ideate Clone: Match title block family and parameters, sheet parameters and browser file location
- Ideate Align: Align plan views in a set so they synchronize perfectly across all sheets
And in early 2018, the company added the ninth tool:
- Ideate ViewCreator: Batch-create multiple Revit views while complying with company BIM standards
“At least once a year, when we align our software to the newest version of Revit, we announce enhancements that respond to requests from the community,” said Glynnis. “Below are some of the most significant.”
- Support for Chinese (simplified), French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages
- Batch Copy Views from Plan to Ceiling or from Area Scheme to Area Scheme with Ideate ViewCreator
- View Title Alignment Control added to Ideate Clone, Align and SheetManager (Revit 2022 only)
- Support for <direct shapes> and <ifc> elements with Ideate QuickSelect
- Duplicate sections and elevations with Ideate ViewCreator
- Renumber all elements from within a schedule view with Ideate ReNumber
IdeateApps is one of five Revit add-in products developed by Ideate Software, which introduced its first product more than 10 years ago.
To learn more about how Ideate Software products help Revit users save time, increase model accuracy, improve deliverables and elevate design, visit the website. You can also download trial versions or purchase the US$500 bundle for access to Ideate Explorer, Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Sticky, Ideate StyleManager, and IdeateApps for six months.
About Ideate Software - Ideate Software, an Autodesk® AEC Industry Partner and Autodesk® Authorized Developer, empowers Revit users to gain unprecedented control over their data. Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Explorer, Ideate Sticky, IdeateApps and Ideate StyleManager were all developed to solve persistent problems in architecture, engineering, construction and owner (AECO) workflows. Ideate Software solutions enable Revit users to save time, increase accuracy, improve project deliverables and elevate design.
Autodesk and Revit are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
Microsoft Word and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.