- Dynamically Locate Revit Elements Within Complex Models
- Quickly Review Revit Properties of Selected Elements
- Make More Intelligent Revit Selections That Span Views
This blog post is part of a series exploring the room data in Revit. In this post, the final of the four, I cover how the enhanced Revit room data Ideate Software provides is incorporated into Ideate Explorer.
Ideate Explorer is a powerful tool that allows our customers to dynamically locate elements within complex models. It is used to:
- Determine if undesirable elements are present
- Select a large set of elements for batch processes in Revit
- Easily navigate to desired views
Within Ideate Explorer is a powerful tool called Ideate Query. It allows you to quickly review the properties of the currently selected elements in Revit and refine the selection based on that information.
Ideate Query can be accessed using the indicated button. It can also be access via a right-click on the list of elements.
This quick select type function can make more intelligent selections that span views. Isolating elements based on properties ensure that you know exactly what elements you are changing and that all the elements in the set will react the same way.
Ideate Query uses the enhanced room data in its reporting. With this reliable information, you can:
- Select all the elements that are in rooms of a specific function
- Select all the elements that are truly not placed in a room
- Select electrical and mechanical equipment after comparing the data of the space or room it services with the matching properties on the element
- Find and resolve under-designed elements
Ideate Query reviewing space and room data for air terminals
About the Author
Jesika DiGregorio - Software Team Lead Jesika received her Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Oregon in Eugene where she also spent time studying advanced math. Her work experience includes Junior Designer at an award-winning firm specializing in architecture and land planning, and Intern Architect at a firm that provides services in planning, design, construction documents and construction administration for projects of all sizes. After working in architecture design for several years, Jesika decided to pursue her interest in programming and her love of efficient systems. She now serves as a Software Team Lead for Ideate Software.