Recently, I had the thrill and honor of welcoming Steinberg Hart’s BIM-VDC Director Gautam Shenoy to a webinar to share his knowledge of product delivery. With more than 15 years of BIM experience and 10 years of experience working with Ideate Software tools, Gautam has developed a lot of best practices and successful workflow options. He presented some of them at our webinar, which covered some of the following topics:
- Questions to ask when trying to win a project or on the path to procurement
- How design technology connects with data
- Project delivery methods
- How to effectively measure ROI
Throughout the session, Gautam shared how he and his team use Ideate Software tools to streamline processes, keep their models clean, and enhance collaboration with all stakeholders, including non-Revit users. He also shared this spreadsheet he created to determine the return on investment of IdeateApps and convey that ROI to leadership (click on the image):
Here are some comments from people in attendance:
- “Definitely liked the ROI slide.”
- “Gautam's graphic representation of his team's workflow was fantastic!”
- “Gautam clearly explained how the Ideate Software solutions can be applied to many aspects of the AEC industry and for different project scenarios (design-bid, design-build, etc).”
Did you miss the webinar? Want to see it again? Here’s a link to the recording.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 18 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter.