The topic of Revit parameters never gets old. Whether you have questions about how to effectively use them or want a refresher of the positives and negatives, this one-hour high-level webinar is for you. For a deeper dive, watch the recordings of Parameter Primer Part 1 and Parameter Primer Part 2 or review our online Help topic on Instance vs. Type links.
The reason parameters are such an interesting and challenging topic is because there are so many of them!
Project - System - Instance - Type - Shared - Global - Combined - Family - Reporting - Schedule Keys
Understanding the situations in which to use one parameter over another can be quite challenging.
In this webinar, we:
- Discussed and demonstrated Revit parameter creation methods:
- Key schedule changes
- Global parameters
- Polled attendees. See how you compare to your peers on the answers to:
- How are you currently using global parameters?
- What is your biggest parameter management challenge?
- How often do you create parameters?
- Shared insight on:
- Recent changes to Revit parameters
- Strategies to working with parameters across Revit versions
- Shifting terms in Revit that cause confusion
- Shared parameters that don’t behave as expected
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 20 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter and LinkedIn.