Recently, I had the pleasure of sharing our presentation, “Beyond Traditional Data Editing Tasks Using Ideate BIMLink,” on a webinar hosted by our partner, Microsol Resources.
Microsol has been delivering integrated solutions to the architecture, engineering and construction industries in the United States for more than 30 years, and it is a reseller of Ideate Software products.
People familiar with Ideate BIMLink know that it is a powerful tool for data editing. In this webinar, I focused on how it can also be used for project health checks, revision workflows and general QA/QC tasks.
Through discussions and demonstrations, attendees:
- Discovered causes of Revit model health performance issues
- Learned the steps to review issues before they become a problem
- Explored a critical Revit Sheet Revision workflow that is not fully supported by Revit
- Experienced how to review critical Revit quality assurance and quality control workflows
- Learned how Microsoft Excel and Ideate BIMLink can be essential tools for Revit data management
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 20 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter and LinkedIn.