Watch the recording of this 30-minute webinar to learn how to keep your Revit models clean and organized by quickly and efficiently purging unwanted styles and other information using Ideate StyleManager.
Ideate StyleManager aggregates essential graphic style and visibility controls within a single solution and identifies the source of non-standard styles, so you can:
- Safely delete styles that can’t be deleted or purged in Revit software
- Merge non-standard styles into standard styles
- Forensically analyze the usage of all styles to understand the true scope of a deletion
- Clean up Object Styles, Line Styles, Line Patterns, Fill Patterns, Materials, Material Appearance Assets, View Filters, Templates, and Scope Boxes
- Understand which views are using which View Filters
In this webinar, I focus on the imports that can clog your Revit model when you import or link information from CAD files, like MicroStation, AutoCAD, or IFC. My examples are from an AutoCAD file, because it’s the most common.
Visit our website for more information on our Revit productivity tools. Give them a try with a free trial version, or subscribe today.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 18 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter.