IMAGINiT Technologies recently hosted a webinar on Ideate Software products. IMAGINiT is a value-added reseller of Autodesk products, including Revit, making them an ideal partner of ours.
During the webinar, our Technical Evangelist Richard Taylor fielded questions while I led a presentation on the importance of addressing Revit model and health standards as well as behaviors that lead to model health and standards issues. I also demonstrated some of the ways to combat these issues using two of our Revit applications, Ideate Explorer and Ideate StyleManager:
- Ideate Explorer
- Filter to review model standards for model clean-up of CAD imports, groups and lines
- Refine selections to find elements modelled as in-place families and pinned elements
- Compile and rank warnings and select elements for easy warnings clean-up
- Ideate StyleManager
- Review object styles sub-categories, including usage analysis, delete unused elements, merge and purge from one style to another
- Review filters, including usage analysis, delete unused elements, merge and purge from one filter style to another
- Review fonts and text styles, including usage analysis, merge and purge from one style to another
I used architectural and MEP models for the examples, but the workflows covered can be extended to other disciplines.
In case you missed the presentation or would like to see it again, here’s a link to the recording.
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.