IdeateApps is a set of nine tools that simplify the tasks that daily Revit users perform most often. Four of the tools address specific sheet and view management challenges experienced by Revit software users:
- Creating, arranging, and replacing sheets - Ideate SheetManager
- Copying sheets after views have been placed - Ideate Clone
- Aligning views on sheets - Ideate Align
- Creating a batch-series of new views and rules for logically naming those views - Ideate ViewCreator
To introduce Revit users to these applications, we regularly host a webinar called, “Automate Sheet and View Management with IdeateApps.” To make it easy for users to retain their knowledge, we keep a recording of that webinar on our website.
In addition, we created short videos focused on each of the tools:
- Ideate SheetManager Overview Video
- Ideate Clone Overview Video
- Ideate Align Overview Video
- Ideate ViewCreator Overview Video
Please view these recordings and videos as often as needed and share them with others who you think will benefit from these tools.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 18 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter.