San Francisco, CA, 06/01/2017 – Ideate Software, a veteran Autodesk Developer Network member, announced today that it launched its spring 2017 updates for IdeateApps, which include the new 2018 version of four new tools and the four existing tools for Revit, as well as enhanced features of the 2017 and 2016 versions. These solutions are designed to work with Autodesk® Revit® 2016, 2017, and 2018.
IdeateApps is a collection of tools that simplifies the activities that daily Revit users perform most often.
“Every function of our IdeateApps tools meets specific needs of Revit users,” said Ideate Software’s Director of Software Development, Glynnis Patterson. “Our first four tools addressed the challenges that our Support team heard about most often, and our new tools and enhancements are based on information in the Autodesk Ideas Forum as well as customer feedback.”
Below are highlights of the new tools and enhancements. An overview video of all tools is available on the Ideate Software website.
- Ideate SpellCheck improves the quality control processes by checking the spelling of Text and Schedule elements within a Revit project file. (2017 and 2018 only)
- Three new Sheet management tools streamline workflows to save time and increase model accuracy:
- Ideate SheetManager is a powerful new Revit project browser that addresses several challenges. It includes a powerful search engine for filtering the Sheet and View lists and supports placing or relocating Views onto Sheets
- Ideate Align helps ensure that a View on one Sheet is aligned with a View on another or many other Sheets.
- Ideate Clone lets you copy a Sheet and its properties and place unplaced Views onto new Sheets that align with the previous Views.
Significant enhancements to Ideate Software’s existing tools include:
- Ideate ReNumber, which simplifies the process of renumbering elements, now includes uniqueness support for Grids and Viewports.
- Ideate XRay, which identifies the reasons an element isn’t visible in a certain view, now includes Advanced Selection Help to make it easier to select a hidden view.
“The rapid evolution of building information modeling creates an exciting time for our architects, engineers, and designers,” said Ideate Software’s President, Bob Palioca. “They thrive on identifying challenges that BIM managers and Revit users face and developing tools to address those challenges. These new products and enhancements are a testament to their knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm as well as Ideate Software’s commitment to the architecture, engineering, construction, and owner community.”
The collection of IdeateApps tools is available with a non-commercial free trial. Download a free trial of IdeateApps.
About Ideate Software
Ideate Software allows Revit users to have unprecedented control over their data. Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Explorer for Revit, Ideate Sticky, and IdeateApps were all developed to solve persistent problems in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) workflows. Ideate Software solutions enable Revit users to save time, increase accuracy, improve project deliverables, and elevate design.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, ATC, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
Microsoft Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.