Recently I had the pleasure of discussing Ideate Software solutions on a webinar hosted by The Architect’s Newspaper, a publication that serves architects, designers, engineers, landscape architects, lighting designers, interior designers, academics, developers, contractors, and other parties interested in the built urban environment.
The 60-minute presentation called Advanced Revit Model Health Checks using Ideate Software Tools was attended by professionals interested in:
- The importance of performing periodic Revit model health checks
- Key areas that should be included in Revit model health checks
- Revit features that can lead to poor model health
In addition to discussing the problems associated with poor model health, I demonstrated some of the ways three Ideate Software solutions can be used to help keep Revit models healthy.
- Ideate BIMLink
- Export data to pre-configured Health Check template to review the health of a project
- Automate the exporting of Revit model data
- Ideate Explorer
- Review model standards for model clean up
- Find elements that can contribute to file bloat
- Compile, rank, select and clean up warnings
- Ideate StyleManager
- Find and delete or merge non-standard object styles
- Find and delete or merge non-standard line patterns
- Find and delete or merge non-standard fonts
A recording of the presentation is available.
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.