How Do I Purge Imports in Revit Models with Ideate Explorer?
Tips for purging imports in Revit models with Ideate Explorer:
In addition to deleting CAD Imports that you find using Ideate Explorer, you may also need to purge the symbol imports using Revit's Purged Unused tool.
- Start Ideate Explorer
- Find the CAD Imports you wish to delete.
- Make sure the selection checkbox is selected next to the CAD Import you wish to remove. Once the checkbox is selected, you can use the Delete Tool in the Modify Panel of Revit.
- Select the Visibility Graphics Dialog in Revit by Typing VV or VG or the Visibility/Graphics tool under the View Panel in Revit.
- Choose the Imported Categories Tab.
- Review the information. You may see that the CAD Import you just deleted still appears within the Imported Categories Visibility Tab. Choose the plus icon to expand the list of imported categories to review.
- Choose the Purged Unused tool from the Manage Panel in Revit.
- Review Imported Symbols in Families and check items that are NOT used that you would like to purge or delete.
- The Purge Unused tool in Revit works as a multi-step process. You may need to purge several times to drill down to the items you would like to remove.
Keep in mind, that Ideate Explorer can't look into individual families from the project environment to search for nested CAD Imports & Symbols. CAD Imports will still show in the Visibility Graphics Dialog under the Imported Categories then Imports in Families list if CAD Imports are being used in families within the project. You can use Ideate Explorer to look into each family when you open and edit the family to review if that specific family contains CAD imports. Good possibilities to start an investigation are Title Block and Generic Model families. These can typically contain CAD Imports.