Architects, engineers, designers and others who use Revit software should consider using Ideate BIMLink for view and revision tasks. By pulling volumes of data from the Revit file to Excel for easy editing, you can dramatically speed up the process, increase the accuracy of your data, and reduce the frustration caused by working on tedious tasks.
Tasks: Views and Revisions
We have several resources available online that can help you get the most out of Ideate BIMLink:
- Help File: Set Up Projects
- Help File: Create Plan Views
- Help File: Interior Elevations, Auditing, and QC
- Help File: Audit Revit Room and Space Data Related to View References
- 6-minute Video: Automating Project Setup
- 3-minute Video: Apply and Manage View Templates
- Blog Post: Automating Document Issue Records
- Help File: Manage Revit Sheet-based Revisions
- Help File: Create New Revisions for Revit Modeling
This post is the sixth in a series related to the results of our survey of architecture, engineering, construction, and building-owner companies. Our previous posts covered the time savings possible by using Ideate BIMLink to:
- Manage Revit sheets
- Create and modify rooms and areas
- Swap structural framing instances
- Coordinate spaces & rooms and audit & fix device elevation
- Compile quantity takeoffs, assign assembly codes, and swap types
Contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Visit our website for more information on our Revit productivity tools. Give them a try with a free trial version, or subscribe today.
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.