Edit Title block Assignments in Revit with Ideate BIMLink
Type swapping can be used to edit the kind of title block assigned to each sheet in the Revit project. This is easily accomplished with Ideate BIMLink. Here are the steps required:
- Start Ideate BIMLink and select Load Sample...
- Select the link definition called "Title_Blocks" and then "Next>".
- Within the Properties dialog confirm that the “Family and Type” property is included as shown.
- Next, from the Link tab, confirm that the Link Option to “Export with drop-down values” is selected, as shown.
- Now, when you export to Excel, you will see a drop-down option within your Excel file as shown. In this example, the list of choices is defined in column F for use as a data validation within column D.
Learn more in Working in Excel > Using Dropdown Lists in Revit with Ideate BIMLink.