- Help Files
- Video Library
Submit feature or issue request for Ideate Software
Thank you for taking time to inform us about a bug or feature request.
Thank you for contacting Ideate Software.
A member of our team will contact you shortly.
Create a Health Check Report
In this exercise we will be running a health check on a Revit model using Ideate Automation. This process will reduce the amount of hands-on time needed in order to ensure project stability and consistency across your Revit project files. This process can be used to update a pre-formatted existing Excel file or PowerBI template, for example, with timely data about your Revit model health. The image below shows an example from an Excel template that is part of the Ideate Automation installation and can be fully customized to meet your needs.
Before you begin, check that your setup can meet these requirements:
- Ideate Automation 2.0 or later — download
- June 2022 (or later) versions of these solutions — download. Each must be installed and either licensed or in trial mode.
- Ideate BIMLink
- Ideate Explorer
Start the Task
- Launch Ideate Automation, which runs outside of Revit. The shortcut can be found on your Desktop after installation.
- Select Create to start a new task.
- From the Ideate Software Scripts folder, select the subfolder called 02 Health Checks, then pick the script at the right called “ISW-Health_Check”.
- Review the description of this task and note the product requirements, then pick Next.
Set the Script Variables
- Next you will want to fill in the script details:
- Revit Files — select one or more Revit files to process for a health check.
- Export Location — browse for a location to save your health check. You can save the results to your local drive or to BIM 360 / ACC as shown below.
- Export File Name — the default file name includes a timestamp prefix with a file name suffix. You can modify the name here but if your task is processing more than one file, you should leave the Revit filename as part of the name for the Excel output.
- Include Annotation Issues — when this value is set to true, the Revit file will be opened with all worksets open so that annotation clashes can be included in the report. This option does add more time to the overall file processing.
- Select next, then review all inputs on the Confirm Task Selections page.
- Select next, then check that Revit is not running and select Create and Run to start the task. Revit should open and the automated health check should begin.
- Once the task is complete, you will see ‘Completed’ in the task Status field.
- The result of this process is a uniquely named Excel file for each of the selected Revit files. To use this same process without a pre-formatted Excel template, you can use the script called IBL-Health_Check_PowerBI instead.
Related topic: Schedule a Task