Every year, Autodesk adds new features and functionalities to Revit software, and this year is no exception. This year’s enhancements include interface modernizations and upgrades that will help users:
- Design more creatively
- Document more efficiently
- Manage projects more effectively in BIM
Here are 10 Examples
- Dark Theme – Interface enhancements that allow users to work more comfortably and intuitively
- “My Insights” Panel – Aggregates usage data and finds workflow trends to help users quantify common commands and keystrokes; offers ideas on how to streamline design tasks
- Interdisciplinary Imperial and Metric Template – Replaces discipline-specific templates
- Sample Content – Provides a learning resource and a good examples of documentation best practices
- Toposolids – Improves the quality of site designs
- Enhanced Visualizations – Enables architects and designers to tell a more compelling story
- Auto Sync with Twinmotion – Live links Revit and Twinmotion
- New Capabilities for Energy Analysis – Simplifies workflows when working in linked architectural models in Revit
- Enhanced Electrical Load Analysis Capabilities – Supports the use of demand factors and manage load sets for non-coincident backup equipment loads
- Powerful Rebar Documentation Features – Allows detailers to create more complete shop drawings
Ideate Software’s Top Revit Plugins
One reason Ideate Software tools are at the top of Revit Plugins lists is because every year, when Autodesk releases their new version of Revit, we quickly align our software to the new version and deliver meaningful enhancements. Most enhancements are based on user requests, and all are tested rigorously, so users can upgrade to the newest version of Revit with no issues and jump right into the new functionalities to streamline Revit workflows and improve the quality of their Revit models.
Ideate Software Product Descriptions and Recent Enhancements
Below is information about our products and recent enhancements. For video demonstrations, check out our What’s New playlist on YouTube.
ABOUT IDEATE EXPLORER
Where Revit comes with a project browser, Ideate Explorer is a model browser that makes it easy for users to:
- Find and delete incorrect, obsolete, and hidden problem items, including DWGs
- Find, refine, and revise elements, even those excluded from the project browser
Ideate Explorer includes these valuable features:
- A Warnings Manager that allows users to easily review and manage Revit warnings with ease. It:
- Allows the user to rank warnings based on importance
- Notifies users when high ranking warnings appear in the models
- Enables users to fix problems using tools in Revit when the Warnings Manager dialog box is open
- A Navigate function that allows users to steer through the view-based elements in a Revit project and customize their browsing experience. It is used to find unused sheets and views and filter legends, schedules, sheets or views by category and/or keyword. It is also used to customize working environments without altering the project browser.
- A Query function that can be used to search within set parameters for elements such as unused annotations, design options, in-place usage, structure usage/area scheme, and revisions. These query functions can now be saved and used multiple times via our Dynamic Filters.
May 2023 Enhancements to Ideate Explorer
Ideate Explorer now includes the ability to create and save dynamic filters using expanded Revit properties exposed within Ideate Explorer that are not always available with the out-of-the-box Revit user interface. Users can search elements throughout a Revit model based on their parameter values, including parameter values in related data tables. Because this filtering system is dynamic, when parameter values in a model are updated, the list in Ideate Explorer will update as well.
ABOUT IDEATE BIMLINK
Verifying or editing massive amounts of data in Revit can be incredibly time consuming. It’s easy with Ideate BIMLink. This powerful Revit plugin allows users to export the data they need to verify/update to Microsoft Excel, use its powerful editing capabilities, and then import verified or updated data back into the model. Whether you need to check to make sure naming conventions comply with customer standards or update a product manufacturer’s name, Ideate BIMLink is the tool.
May 2023 Enhancements to Ideate BIMLink
New features include the ability to:
- Create new shared project parameters
- Create shared and unshared family parameters
- Push parameter standards to multiple models
- Batch edit the material assignment and thickness value for compound walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, and slab assemblies
Watch our What’s New video for information on the other enhancements to Ideate BIMLink capabilities:
- Support for MEP pipe and duct elevation properties
- New support for sheet and view sets
- The ability to manage family type properties that may vary across family types
- The ability to edit the bounding boxes of views
- The ability to create new worksets
ABOUT IDEATE STICKY
The limited text editing functionality in Revit makes it difficult for project managers to organize and format non-BIM data that their project teams need. Ideate Sticky overcomes this issue by combining the familiar flexibility of Adobe PDF documents, Microsoft Word documents, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with the convenience of a sticky note. This Revit plugin live-links non-BIM data into a Revit project, and when the source document is updated, the linked “sticky” automatically updates.
Enhancements to Ideate Sticky
Recently, Autodesk updated its Desktop Connector from version 15 to version 16, which changed the location and path where non-Revit files are stored within the Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC). The latest version of Ideate Sticky is compatible with both versions.
The improvements to the Autodesk Desktop Connector solve a long-standing problem with the non-Revit data stored on the ACC not being actively refreshed. The latest version allows you to choose which folders are actively updating, which ensures that files linked via Ideate Sticky and stored on the ACC will be the most current. Ideate Sticky has a new “Show” button on the main dialog that highlights the selected sticky within the active view.
Another enhancement reduces the initial size of the Ideate Sticky dialog on start-up, reducing the time it takes for Ideate Sticky to open.
ABOUT IDEATE STYLEMANAGER
Pasting data from one model to another can create issues when style information associated with that data automatically transfers as well. With Ideate StyleManager, users can easily analyze, merge, or delete non-standard Revit styles more reliably, quickly, and accurately than possible with the built-in Revit style management system.
May 2023 Enhancements to Ideate StyleManager
Ideate StyleManager can now expose both Family parameters and Nested parameters within the Family Editor environment, making it much easier to standardize parameters within Revit content. We’ve also introduced Quick Analysis and In-Depth Analysis options to increase performance.
IdeateApps is a set of tools that enhances the functionality of Revit. With it, Autodesk Revit users can access and manipulate the data in their models with greater ease. Designed to take on common challenges identified by people who use Revit daily, these Autodesk Revit add-ins automate repetitive tasks and streamline workflows, freeing time for more interesting and valuable activities.
May 2023 Enhancements to IdeateApps
- Ideate ReNumber
- Skip a number within a numbering sequence by just selecting the element again
- Ideate SpellCheck
- Support added for using SpellCheck within the Revit Family Editor environment
- In the Project environment, you can now choose which views to spell check
- Ideate ViewCreator
- Enhanced existing ability to automatically copy plan-based views to multiple levels by adding support for copying schedules from one level to many
- When using the Rooms View method:
- You can now choose rooms located in a Revit linked model
- You can clone 2D linework and annotations if selecting a sheet to clone
- We’ve added support for using more than one plan or ceiling plan view
- Ideate Annotate
- New text align and distribute features
- Additional issue reporting functionality
- Watch these short videos for details: