It’s time to update your IdeateApps subscription.
IdeateApps now works with Revit 2018-2021. All functionality is identical across Revit versions, unless noted otherwise.
May 2020 Updates:
- Ideate QuickSelect supports new Revit 2021 elements including infrastructure Direct Shape elements and linked PDFs
- For versions 2018-2021, Ideate QuickSelect supports the new Ideate Sticky images
- For versions 2018-2021, this release includes improved support for deployment of company standards for Ideate ReNumber and Ideate ViewCreator content
Improvements and Fixes in the November 2019 Update:
- The Search function in Ideate SheetManager, Ideate ViewCreator, Ideate Align, and Ideate QuickSelect treats un-quoted words as "and" statements. Using quotation marks will enforce an exact match. For example, entering Floor 2 into the Search area will now find any view that contains both the word "Floor" and the word "2" such as "Level 02 - Floor Plan" or "2nd Floor." Previously, that same search would have only found views that contained exactly the words "Floor 2." If you want to only find two or more words in an exact order, use ""
Support for odd and even numbering added. This is particularly useful for rooms and parking spaces
Rule added to Basic folder:
- Rooms - Skip.rule - The numbering increment will increase by 2 instead of 1 for this rule. For example, when the first number begins with an odd number, all subsequent numbers will also be odd. When the increment begins with A, the subsequent letters will be C, E, G, etc.
Rules added to Bonus folder:
- Parking - Skip.rule - See above
- Sheets-Suffix - Use this rule to suffix any sheets displayed within a sheet list
- Rename Views or Sheets
Quickly rename existing views or sheets by selecting and using the new right-click option
- Create Sheets
Quickly create new sheets based on a list of selected unplaced views, legends or schedules
- Array Viewports
Multi-select unplaced views, and when they are dropped onto a new sheet, the views will array within the specified margins of the titleblock
- Batch Copy and Paste Legends/Schedules
Select a placed legend or schedule from one sheet to right-click and copy, then select one or more sheets to paste the same legends/schedules to multiple sheets
View naming modifications added
If you have a feature request, please let us know.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 20 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter and LinkedIn.