Are you thinking about adding a Revit add-in solution to your Revit workflow? How do you decide which is the best application for your specific workflow or team?
Last year, I wrote a short blog article about choosing the right tool for the right job; it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each software method. Once you decide to look into third-party application providers for your workflow, the choices can seem overwhelming.
What makes Ideate Software rise to the top in a sea of Revit add-in solution providers?
- Provides the constant and detailed feedback you need to make informed decisions and ensure your Revit data is valid and correct.
- Reviews each solution to ensure the user interface is elegant, simple, and highly intuitive.
- We constantly ask ourselves if a simple solution or activity can complete many tasks instead of creating hundreds of icons or tools that can only do one limited feature.
- Develops add-in applications that are easy to install and deploy for both stand-alone and network options.
- Offers in-depth Help files covering frequently asked questions and detailed workflows in the product as well as on our extensive online Help files.
Five questions to ask when evaluating Revit third-party add-in applications
- If the software fails to execute the task, will I know exactly why?
- What is your time worth when trying to troubleshoot errors or warnings with the software?
- Is the software robust enough to handle your largest projects?
- Always review within a Revit workshared project when evaluating new tools.
- Does the software delight your users?
- Is it clear, concise, productive, and a joy to use to help solve your daily Revit workflow challenges?
- Does the software provide tools and support to help you train your team without much effort?
- If there’s a problem, will you get help from the software developer?
- Does the software you are evaluating save you time and effort?
- Does it improve the project deliverables?
Our customers are telling us they haven’t seen solutions in the current market that complete many of the workflow gaps in Revit plus also provide the important validation of the data that is so critical to ensure the Revit data is solid, robust, and absolutely correct. That’s the driving force behind the Ideate Software solutions.
Don’t take my word for it. Ask the above questions when you are evaluating software, and the results will be clear.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 18 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter.