Thank you to everyone who participated in the May 2021 Ideate Software user group meetings held at three times to accommodate attendees in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions. In case you missed it or would like to hear the information again, here’s a link to the recording of the Americas presentation.
We were pleased to welcome two guest speakers during our Americas session who discussed and demonstrated how they used Ideate Software applications to address specific challenges:
- Mark Schmieding, Director, Digital Practice, Goettsch Partners
- Challenge: Present building areas in a more readable and graphic way
- Solution: Use Ideate BIMLink to export building areas and an Excel pivot table to create an accurate area summary in a readable visual style that is easy to use and update
“I was amazed at how effortless it was to have an automatic, formatted area matrix.”
- Brian Mackey, Owner, BD Mackey Consulting
- Challenge: Easily find and select elements within Revit
- Solution: Use Ideate Explorer as a model browser to search all elements within the Revit model and Ideate StyleManager to find styles within a project that are loaded into the project but not displayed with Ideate Explorer.
“I’m all about everyday productivity … I believe in Ideate Software tools.”
During the calls, we also covered general improvements in our May 2021 release, which include language support in Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese and Spanish, and Cloud Networking licensing that now works in VDI and most other remote access environments.
This recording is of the presentation made in the Americas region. The content is similar as the other presentations. Brian Mackey presented in all three regions. Dan Hines from A2K Technologies presented in the APAC region.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 20 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter and LinkedIn.