Recently I had the pleasure of welcoming Gavin Crump to share how he uses Ideate Software applications. Gavin is a BIM enthusiast with more than 10 years of experience and is a Revit Architecture Certified Professional. He founded BIM Guru in Sydney, Australia at the start of 2020, and he runs a popular YouTube channel called Aussie BIM Guru, where he posts two videos a week to share hands-on technical tutorial workflows.
Gavin got to know Ideate Software tools during his second year working with BIM, and he says he was “pretty blown away from the start.”
Watch a recording of his presentation, Revit Model Management using Ideate Software, to see Gavin demonstrate workflows he uses with his clients or in day-to-day work related to his business content. Here are some comments he made about three of our products he discussed:
- Ideate BIMLink “I find this tool really handy for data processing and Revit element management.”
- Ideate Explorer “This is my favorite Ideate Software tool, because it is such an innovative tool.”
- Ideate StyleManager “I typically use this for maintaining standards, to see if more than one standard for the same thing is used and for taking away a standard that’s not used in the model.”
Everyone at Ideate Software thanks Gavin for his presentation, which received high marks from attendees. Here are some of the comments we received:
- “I can see huge potential in the Excel link workflow.”
- “I use Ideate BIMLink a lot but learnt more about Explorer.”
- “I didn't know Align would align views on sheets.”
Browse our website for more information on our Revit productivity tools. Give them a try with a free trial version, or subscribe today.
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.