Do you struggle trying to figure out the differences between the types of parameters offered in Revit software? Project, Project Shared, System, Global, Family, Family Shared, Reporting, and more? Which should be used and in what situation? You may just choose them as you go, but doing so could result in data mismatches and end-user confusion. It is best to plan ahead for the parameters you need and how you intend to use them.
We created this two-part webinar series to help you understand parameters and their use cases.
In Part 2, we covered:
- A quick recap of Revit Parameter Primer - Part 1
- Linked files and project parameters
- Strategies for resolving poorly managed parameters, such as using Ideate BIMLink to transfer parameter data to other parameters
Here are a couple of comments made by attendees:
- “I already used project parameters in a whole new way since your Part 1. Thank you so much!”
- “Part 1 opened new doors for me, and I already put them in practice, but also prompted some questions. The VERY FIRST topic in Part 2 answered my questions.”
Here’s a link to the recording. Watch it and share it with others that would benefit from its content.
Did you miss part 1? No worries. We recorded it as well. In it, we talked about:
- Parameter Types
- Parameter Creation Methods
- Parameter Pitfalls
- When to use Shared Parameters vs. Project Parameters
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.