- Be aware of your view depth. If you get odd numbering behavior with curtain panels, it could be because the view depth is too deep. To avoid this problem, make your elevations shallow. Simply adjust the Far Clip Offset to go just to the back edge of the front curtain panel.
- Exclude Nested Elements. You can have Ideate ReNumber exclude Nested Elements by two methods:
- Edit the ReNumber rule and use the Ignore Parameter feature OR
- Make sure the nested family is set to “not shared”
- Use the Vertex method. This method provides exact precision for the order you want to renumber elements by renumbering at the vertices of the renumber path.
- Renumber and rename views of sheets. Draw lines through your viewports to rename and renumber views in order.
- Understand the “Flip” button on doors. If your door uses the Room Location (Calculation) Point and you click the flip button, your door will flip. This is the same behavior as changing the To and From room values through a schedule. To change the numbering without flipping the door, check the “Report ‘From Room’ Value” box.
Want to learn more about how easy it can be to renumber elements in your Revit project? Here are several resources available to you from the Ideate Software website:
- Recording of 60-minute webinar:
- Short, how-to videos
- Blog posts
For implementation services or to learn more about how IdeateApps can help your business, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Sash Kazeminejad - AIA, LEED AP, BCI, BCC - Customer Success Manager
Sash earned his Master of Architecture from Montana State University and is a California registered architect, LEED Accredited Professional, and a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. He has extensive experience in project management; BIM management; design for architectural firms in California, Montana, and Oregon; and leading classroom and online BIM training. He provides consulting, sales, support, and training solutions to AECO customers around the globe. Find Sash on LinkedIn.