Your Revit project is in full swing. There are multiple team members working on the project. Aside from having to meet tight deadlines, the team is also responsible for making sure that the Revit model is organized per certain project and/or office standards. This requires everyone on the team to be very diligent when it comes to creating, loading, modifying and duplicating families/annotations and their parameters. However, as with most projects, and especially those which are complex and fast-paced, there is always the possibility of error.
How can we insure that our model is being built/organized per our project/office standards? The pre-defined Project Standards links in Ideate BIMLink were made primarily for this purpose.
These links can be found by selecting the Load Sample tool, and selecting the ‘Project Standards’ folder in the Source Directory dropdown menu as seen in the picture below.
In the folder, you will find the following sample links/files which can be used by team members, or perhaps the office BIM manager, to oversee the Revit model for compliance with project/office standards.
- Project_Stds-Assembly Code: Assign the Assembly Code parameter to align with your specification or construction standards.
- Project_Stds-Details: Rename the Family and Type Name for custom detail components
- Project_Stds-Filled Regions: Rename Fill Patterns, assign Color and Line Weight
- Project_Stds-Generic Annotations: Edit Symbols and other Generic Annotation Type parameters
- Project_Stds-Line Types: Edit the Line Weight and Line Color values.
- Project_Stds-Materials: Edit Material Name, Keynote and Comments. Audit for Material Type, Thermal Asset, and Physical Asset assignments.
- Project_Stds-Profile Types: Rename the Family and Type name for profile elements.
- Project_Stds-Rename_Types: Rename all of the Family Names and Type Names within a project or within a seed file.
- Project_Stds-Tags: Edit Tag Type Name to align with company standards
- Project_Stds-Text_Styles: Manage Text Font, Text Size, Width, etc. - perfect for use in Templates
- Project_Stds-Title_Blocks: Rename and re-size Title Block families.
- Project_Stds-View_Types: Edit View Type data including Type, default View Template assignment, as well as the Callout Tag and Elevation Tag assignments.
The pre-defined links in the Project Standards directory of Ideate BIMLink can be used to more efficiently organize and manage a Revit model per your project/office standards. See our latest video tutorial, Managing Your Revit Model Project Standards, for a deeper look at Revit Project Management with Ideate BIMLink.
About the Author
Katrina Vea Rodriguez, RA, AIA – AEC Application Specialist
Katrina is an AEC application specialist at the Ideate, Inc. San Francisco office. She is a California–licensed architect with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from the University of the Philippines. Katrina has over 18 years of experience in the AEC industry with a focus on both commercial and hospitality projects. She is also a Revit Certified Professional with over 8 years of experience utilizing the software on both small and large scale projects, from programming to project close out.