Understand Your Current License Status
A brief description of all of the fields present in the Manage License Dialog.
How to access the Manage License Dialog?
The name of the licensed Ideate Software application.
The version and build of the Ideate Software licensing components.
- Standalone: Software license is locked to a single computer and activated with a license code (see also Standalone Licensing).
- Cloud Network: Software license is checked out from a cloud license server.
- Network: Software license is checked out from a FlexLM license server (also see Network Licensing).
- Commercial: Software is licensed for normal commercial usage.
- Not for Resale (NFR): Software is licensed for evaluation and demonstration purposes only.
- (See also Software License Agreement)
- Standard: Any non-expiring license behavior.
- Term: Indicates an expiring license behavior — Subscription or Trial.
- Permanent: Software license never expires (legacy only).
- Expiring: The software is working in Trial mode and will expire on the Expiration date.
- Extendable: The software Subscription is set to expire on the specified Expiration date. The software expiration date may not be the same as the contract renewal date.
- Borrowed: The license is borrowed for a period of time.
The date, if any, when the current software license will expire and switch to View-Only mode. The software expiration date may not be the same as the contract renewal date. For questions on your contract renewal date contact [email protected]. See also Behavior.
- View-Only: The default mode if no license is present or the Trial mode has expired. This mode will also occur if your network licenses are inaccessible or all used up . Most features will be disabled.
- Trial: Standalone licenses run for 30 days before you are required to activate your license. Some commands may have restricted functionality.
- Authorized: Software license is valid and activated. (See also License Modes)
The unique ID from your computer ID used to activate a standalone or cloud network license.
License server name (FlexLM network licenses only)
The current license server used to check-out the license using the License server path.
If there is no connection to a license server, < not connected > is displayed. (See also Network Licensing)
License server path (FlexLM network licenses only)
The search path used to locate the network license server. The path is entered in License server field on this dialog.
(See also Network Licensing)
A detailed status message describing any software licensing issues.
Copy to Clipboard
Click to save a copy of the current status value to the system clipboard. Use paste to copy these to a document or email.