There are several Ideate Sticky sample files for Revit modeling available for testing. The sample files are located within the default directory, which is at C:\Program Files\Ideate\Ideate Software [version]\Ideate Sticky\Samples. The Create... button, accessed from main dialog will default to this file path when used within a Revit project where Ideate Sticky has not yet been utilized.
General Usage Examples
- ISB-Abbreviations.xlsx - sample list of abbreviations, often placed on a cover sheet.
- ISB-Bid_Scope.xlsx - used on a cover sheet as a checklist for the bid process.
- ISB-General_Notes.xls - this Excel file could be linked into every Revit file within the project and updated from a single source.
- ISB-Imperial E1 Size.xlsx - this template has a pre-defined font size for use with Imperial projects and has a page setup that corresponds to a standard E1 page size.
- ISB-Metric A1 Size.xlsx - this template has a pre-defined font size for use with metric projects and has a page setup that corresponds to a standard A1 page size.
- ISB-Multi-page_Spec.xlsx - sample multi-page specification sheet for use in small projects. The sample is setup to ‘break’ at a specific row number and uses Excel named regions to create multiple ‘pages’ from a single worksheet.
- ISB-Multi-page_Revisions-Fixed_Length.xlsx - this file demonstrates one method for managing data that exceeds one page AND that needs to have a fixed ‘page’ size.
- ISB-Special_Characters.xlsx - this file contains two different tabs of unique Excel symbols that can be used within the Revit environment, including the pipe symbol, mu symbol, and superscript characters.
Project Coordination Examples
- ISB-Revit_Starting_View.xlsx - used for publishing the same Startup View into all Revit files belonging to the same project.
- ISB-Revit_Tips.xlsx - publish a Tip of the Day (okay, maybe just once a month) to all Revit projects at once.
- ISB-Border line styles.xlsx — for reference purposes, this file has all of the predefined Excel line styles listed, along with their corresponding recommended Revit custom line styles.
- ISB-Column_Schedule.xlsx - example of a graphic column schedule might be represented within Excel.
- ISB-Concrete_Strength_Table.xlsx - sample code compliance table for structural engineering.
- ISB-Panel.xlsx - sample electrical panel data coming from non-Revit consultant.
- ISB-PlumbingFixtCt.xlsx — this sample file has columns I and J set to be hidden in Excel and therefore will not display within the Sticky.
- ISB-Philips_Lighting_Spec.xlsx — this multi-sheet example showcases the inclusion of images within a Sticky. Read: Import Revit Images into Excel Files with Ideate Sticky.
- ISB-Door_Hardware.xlsx - example of a door hardware (ironmongery) data that might come from a non-Revit consultant.
- ISB-CodesList.xlsx - sample energy code requirements.
- ISB-Philips_Lighting_Spec.xlsx — this multi-sheet example showcases the inclusion of images within a Sticky.