Ideate Sticky Sample Files for Revit Modeling
There are several Ideate Sticky sample files for Revit modeling available for testing. The sample files are located within the default directory, which is at C:\Program Files\Ideate\Ideate Software [version]\Ideate Sticky\Samples. The Create... button, accessed from main dialog will default to this file path when used within a Revit project where Ideate Sticky has not yet been utilized.
General Usage Examples
- ISB-Abbreviations.xlsx - sample list of abbreviations, often placed on a cover sheet.
- ISB-Bid_Scope.xlsx - used on a cover sheet as a checklist for the bid process.
- ISB-General_Notes.xls - this Excel file could be linked into every Revit file within the project and updated from a single source.
- ISB-Imperial E1 Size.xlsx - this template has a pre-defined font size for use with Imperial projects and has a page setup that corresponds to a standard E1 page size.
- ISB-Metric A1 Size.xlsx - this template has a pre-defined font size for use with metric projects and has a page setup that corresponds to a standard A1 page size.
- ISB-Multi-page_Spec.xlsx - sample multi-page specification sheet for use in small projects. The sample is setup to ‘break’ at a specific row number and uses Excel named regions to create multiple ‘pages’ from a single worksheet.
- ISB-Multi-page_Revisions-Fixed_Length.xlsx - this file demonstrates one method for managing data that exceeds one page AND that needs to have a fixed ‘page’ size.
- ISB-Special_Characters.xlsx - this file contains two different tabs of unique Excel symbols that can be used within the Revit environment, including the pipe symbol, mu symbol, and superscript characters.
Project Coordination Examples
- ISB-Revit_Starting_View.xlsx - used for publishing the same Startup View into all Revit files belonging to the same project.
- ISB-Revit_Tips.xlsx - publish a Tip of the Day (okay, maybe just once a month) to all Revit projects at once.
- ISB-Border line styles.xlsx — for reference purposes, this file has all of the predefined Excel line styles listed, along with their corresponding recommended Revit custom line styles.
- ISB-Column_Schedule.xlsx - example of a graphic column schedule might be represented within Excel.
- ISB-Concrete_Strength_Table.xlsx - sample code compliance table for structural engineering.
- ISB-Panel.xlsx - sample electrical panel data coming from non-Revit consultant.
- ISB-PlumbingFixtCt.xlsx — this sample file has columns I and J set to be hidden in Excel and therefore will not display within the Sticky.
- ISB-Philips_Lighting_Spec.xlsx — this multi-sheet example showcases the inclusion of images within a Sticky. Read: Import Revit Images into Excel Files with Ideate Sticky.
- ISB-Door_Hardware.xlsx - example of a door hardware (ironmongery) data that might come from a non-Revit consultant.
- ISB-CodesList.xlsx - sample energy code requirements.
- ISB-Philips_Lighting_Spec.xlsx — this multi-sheet example showcases the inclusion of images within a Sticky.