Edit Revit Element Properties with Ideate BIMLink
Ideate BIMLink provides access to many kinds of properties available from the Revit model.
Built-in Revit Parameters
The properties include Revit system parameters defined for each category. Many of the built-in parameters are viewable with Revit Properties Palette.
See Revit menu: Modify Tab ► Properties Panel► (Properties)
Project-Based Revit Parameters
These properties include Project Parameters and Shared Parameters associated with user-selected categories in a Revit project.
See Revit menu: Manage Tab ► Setting Panel ► (Project Parameters)
Family-Based Revit Parameters
These properties include Family Parameters (non-shared) and Shared Parameters associated with a particular Revit family.
See Revit menu: Family Editor ►Home Tab ►Properties Panel► (Family Types)
NOTE: Multi-Category links do not include Family Parameters unless they are Shared Parameters.
Custom Ideate Properties for Revit
These properties are derived from the Revit model by Ideate Software. These properties include:
- Element Id: A number Revit uses to uniquely identify a model element.
- Unique Id: A 32 character string (or GUID) Revit uses to uniquely identify a model element.
- Orientation: The orientation of a wall relative to project north.
- True North Orientation: The orientation of a wall relative to true north.
- Box_Lowerleft, Box_Upper right, Line1, Line2, Point (X, Y, Z): Spatial coordinates of an element. For more information, see Coordinate Properties.
- Views: Elevation Room Name, Elevation Room Number, Elevation Space Name, Elevation Space Number
- Family and Type: while this is also a Revit property, this particular property can be used to "swap" one element for another element within Ideate BIMLink. Learn more about "Type Swapping".
- The "SEQx" properties that relate to the Revision on Sheet property. Learn more about Sheet-based Revisions.
- Type Usage Count: returns the total number of instances within the project per the specified Type or "Family and Type" value. Refer to the Sample Link called "Wall-Types_Used", "Mechanical_Equipment_Types-Used", or "Structural_Framing_Types-Used" as examples of how this property may be used. See also How can I only export types that are in use?
Key Schedule Properties
The properties available to links based on a key schedule are driven exclusively by the parameters defined within the associated Revit key schedule. For more information, see Revit Key Schedules.