What's New with Ideate BIMLink
The latest improvements to Ideate BIMLink include features that are added to our 2023, 2022, 2021, and 2020 versions. See below for a summary of some of new features in the June 2022 release or check out our YouTube What's New playlist.
June 2022 Release
New and Updated Health Check (HC-) Reports
Per customer requests we’ve added the Workset, Detail Group, and Attached Detail Group data categories to help track key model quality metrics. In this version you’ll find these corresponding link definitions which can be used to review this newly accessible data:
- HC-Worksets – list of all worksets including number of elements per workset.
- HC-Ideate_Types – list of all used and unused types which includes new data about groups
Improved Support for Document Revision/Issuances
This release includes access to the Revision Numbering data in Revit. This means that any custom revision sequences can now be reported and edited from Ideate BIMLink. Additionally, our custom Excel macro template, available to BIMLink subscribers, has been updated to include this new data to automatically generate a sheet issuance record.
New Quality Control Link Definitions
We’ve improved our quality control processes by adding new data categories for global and project parameters as well as other custom properties to help you stay on top of your Revit project’s quality.
- QC-Tags-Blank – This new link includes a new property called Tag Text which is used here to filter only on blank tag instances. This works for all tags except for Material tags, which fail in version 2021 and earlier due to a Revit bug.
- QC-MC-IsNested – list of all families that are defined to be shared/nested.
- QC-Project_Parameters – list of all project and project shared parameters defined in the project. Compare parameter settings across linked files.
- QC-Global_Parameters – list of all the global parameters defined in the project. Edit names and formulas as well as (partial usage data).
Other New Workflows
Parameters-Shared_Project – list of all project shared parameters. This link can be used to assign the data categories to any project-shared parameter.
Groups and Detail Groups
- Attached_Detail_Group_Types – rename attached detail group types and review usage.
- Detail_Group_Types – rename detail group types and review usage.
These three new links take advantage of previously available functionality.
- 05 Views-Create_NEW_3d – In this customer-requested link we are enabling easy batch creation of new 3d views while controlling phase, scope box, view template (think Design Option control), and view naming. This link is part of the overall Project Setup process as described online.
- Special_Equip_Types-Create_NEW and Struct_Found_Types-Create-NEW - Overlooked in our last release these two new links utilize previous functionality that allows us to create new types.