What's New with Ideate BIMLink for Revit
The latest improvements to Ideate BIMLink include features that are added to our 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 versions. See below for a summary of some of the latest improvements or check out our What's New with Ideate BIMLink video.
Easier to Use
Bundled Installation and Licensing
- We've created a bundled installer for a more streamlined user experience; get all versions installed in one go with fewer clicks.
- MSI files are still provided as version-specific
- Now use one license code to activate all versions 2016-2019 - all standalone licensed customers must get a new license code to use this release!
- Activate or deactivate only one time to make all versions to work, or return the license for all versions at once.
Learn more about these changes in this online FAQ.
Quality Control Enhancements
We have added new properties and data categories to support enhanced workflows related to Quality Control .
- QC-MC-WhoDidThis.link can be used to identify who created each element. In a worksharing project, the Last Updated By property will also assist in understanding that state of the project.
- QC-MC-Analytic_Enabled.link quickly audit your structural elements to enable/disable the analytic use.
We have added new properties and data categories to support enhanced workflows related to Project Standards.
- Project_Stds-Viewport_Types.link has been modified to include information about who last updated the viewport type.
- Project_Stds-Rename_Types.link has been modified to include even more data categories, such as Callout Heads, Elevation and Section Marks, View Titles, etc. to extend your ability to organize your project naming structures.
Managing COBie data
- Our sample links within the COBie folder have all been updated to include the new property "Created By" to further automate your data exports.
Create More with Ideate BIMLink
Here's a list of the elements that you've been able to create in Revit as new elements via Ideate BIMLink based on your Excel spreadsheet:
- Placeholder elements: Sheets, Areas, Rooms, Spaces
- Model elements: Masses and Generic Models
- Revision Sequences
- Schedule Keys
Learn more about creating new elements in Ideate BIMLink.