Step 1: Getting Started with Ideate BIMLink for Revit
Ideate BIMLink for Revit is a multi-purpose tool that can be easily customized to take on a variety of tasks. The best way to get started is to try out some of the Sample Links that are provided during install. You can preview these samples by selecting the Load Sample... button from the main dialog, or by going to the Help menu and then selecting "Load Sample Links".
The sample links are organized by task or by profession. Try these simple steps to get started with Ideate BIMLink.
- After selecting the Load Sample button, select the Views link and pick the Next> button. Note the Description which indicates that this link can be used to edit the View Name and assign the View Template.
- After the Views link has been loaded the Properties tab within the Edit Link dialog will open. Select the Done button to complete this process.
Export the Data to Excel
Next, select the Export button and save the list of Views out to an Excel file (.XLSX).
- After completing the Export select the "Open File" button to launch Excel.
- Any Excel cell that is white can be edited. In this example the following properties can be edited: View Name, Title of Sheet, Detail Number and View template. If your project contains Elevation Views then the 'Hide at scales coarser than' property will also be editable. Make changes to any of these fields, as appropriate.
Note: changing the name of a floor plan view will also prompt Revit to alter the Level name. You can decide, during the import process if you want to accept that change.
Import the Data back to Revit
- Back within Ideate BIMLink select the "Import" button and browse to the Excel file.
- After reading all of the data into BIMLink, the Import Dialog will display information about any errors as well as any changes. Detailed information about these messages can be found within the Troubleshooting topic.
- Congratulations, you've completed your first bi-directional data transfer. Now you're a pro! Try to create your own links.