Getting Started Guide
Ideate SheetManager can be found on the Ideate Software tab of the Revit ribbon in the IdeateApps panel.
Ideate SheetManager is a great way to manage your Sheets and Views. Before beginning this exercise, open the Revit Sample file called rme_advanced_sample_project.rvt. This file can typically be found at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 20xx\Samples. This exercise will cover the basic usage of Ideate SheetManager.
Starting Ideate SheetManager
- Select the Ideate Software tab in the Revit Ribbon.
- Select the Ideate SheetManager button on the IdeateApps panel.
Arrange a New Sheet
- From within the Sheet Browser, double-click on E-601 - Panel Schedules to open this empty Sheet.
- Select the Settings cog at the top-right of SheetManager.
- On the Title Blocks tab, set the right margin to 140.0 to match the size of the title area as shown, then close the Settings dialog. This change will specify the open area onto which SheetManager can drop new views without overlapping the title block.
- On the left side of the dialog, which is referred to as the "View Browser", enter "MD" in the search box to see that there are (3) Branch panel schedules with this name.
- Select MDP-1, then while holding down the Shift key, select MPD-3 to select all three and release the Shift key.
- Using your left mouse button, select the group of panels press and drag from SheetManager onto Revit. When you release your mouse you'll see that all three schedule are now placed within the center of your title block.
Control the Viewport Type
When you use the Project Browser to add a view to a sheet, the default Viewport Type is always used. The Viewport Type controls the way the title displays on the sheet. Ideate SheetManager gives you control over the default Viewport assignments, meaning that as a View is placed on a Sheet, you can control how that Viewport looks.
- From the View Browser, clear the previous search and type "Abbrev" to find the Abbreviations legend.
- Select this legend on the left and drag it onto Sheet E601 on the right.
- From the Sheet Browser, select the newly created Legend Viewport and review the Properties Palette information. Notice that the Viewport Type is "Title w Line".
- Select the Legend from the Sheet Browser, then use the right-click option to remove it from the Sheet.
- At the top-right edge of the SheetManager, select the Settings cog to change the default Viewport Types.
- From within the Settings dialog, select the column heading labeled View Family to sort by this value, then look for Legends.
- For Legend View Types, assign the Default Viewport value to "Title w Line - No Title".
- Select OK to exit.
- From the View Browser, drag the Legend again onto the Sheet. The legend will be placed along the top edge of the sheet whenever other views already exist on the sheet. Within the Revit window, adjust the location of the legend to the upper left corner of the sheet.
- Notice that the new Viewport is now using the "Title w Line - No Title" type.
Create Sheets from Views
Ideate SheetManager can be used to create new sheets from unplaced views. In this portion of the exercise we will create three new sheets based on the unplaced piping plan views.
- From the View Browser side, clear the selection again and type "piping" to find the (3) unplaced piping plans.
- Right-click to select the Create Sheet(s) tool.
- From the Matching Sheet dialog, accept the default sheet, which should be E601.
- Change the Starting Number to P101. This will make the new sheets be numbered P101, P102, and P103.
- Within the Views to Copy area, select the Abbreviations legend as shown below. This will place that legend also on each of the new piping plan sheets.
Related Topics: Ideate Align, Ideate Clone, Ideate ViewCreator.