We were pleased to have once again had the opportunity to demonstrate the time-saving capabilities of our Revit plug-ins on a webinar hosted by The Architect’s Newspaper, which serves architects, designers, engineers, landscape architects, lighting designers, interior designers, academics, developers, contractors, and others interested in the built urban environment.
In this latest webinar, we focused on managing Revit sheets and views; previous topics include managing Revit warnings and advanced Revit model health checks.
Watch the recording of this one-hour webinar to learn about the sheet and view tools in our IdeateApps collection that decrease the time spent on common Revit tasks while increasing the accuracy of the BIM data in the Revit model. There are currently 10 tools in the collection, five of which we covered in the webinar:
- Ideate ViewCreator – Learn how easy it is to quickly bulk create views and how much time you will save by defining names for new views that match existing view crop, scope, scale, and dozens of other system and custom parameters, so you don’t have to manually apply the settings to each view.
- Ideate SheetManager – Often referred to as the Central Traffic Cop for the sheet and view workflows, this tool allows users to create new sheets and drag and drop views between sheets, as well as access Ideate Software’s other sheet and view tools, ViewCreator, Align, and Clone.
- Ideate Align – See several examples of how to use this tool to align viewports, ensuring consistency across all sheets.
- Ideate Clone – Watch demonstrations on duplicating sheets. While Revit introduced the ability to duplicate sheets in version 2022.1 and to swap viewports between sheets in version 2023, Ideate Clone goes back to Revit version 2016 and provides greater functionality than in even the latest Revit release.
- Ideate Annotate – Understand the annotations on views and sheets and drill down further to ensure the legibility and consistency of Revit tags, text, dimensions, and other annotative elements; learn how to review annotation issues such as clashes between annotations, blank tags, hidden elements, or zero length dimensions.
Visit our website to learn more about how our plug-in tools can help you create better Revit models faster. Then get a free trial or purchase a subscription.
About the Author
Richard W. Taylor, Associate AIA – Technical Evangelist
Richard has more than 30 years of experience working for companies that develop architectural and engineering software solutions, such as Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk. He has over 20 years of Revit experience, and he was part of the original development of Revit while at Revit Technology Corporation. He worked for 12 years at Autodesk, where he presented, taught, and worked to improve features in Revit. Richard holds both a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. As Technical Evangelist, Richard works with AECO clients worldwide, developing and consulting on BIM solutions. Find Richard on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Highlights of the Other Tools in the IdeateApps Plugin for Revit Collection
The information above describes just a portion of the capabilities of the 10 tools with in the IdeateApps collection. Here are several other resources that can give you a deeper dive into the power of this Revit plugin that users in all disciplines, at all levels, and in all roles use to shorten the time they spend on model management and improve the look and performance of their Revit models.
- Ideate ReNumber – This tool within the IdeateApps collection makes it easy to keep up with design changes that alter numbering and naming. Watch this short demonstration video for an overview. Here are links to a few resources that provide more details:
- Using Ideate ReNumber to Select Split-Level Rooms – This blog post is part of our Support Series where we highlight specific questions received by our Support team. In this instance, a customer with a series of rooms on different split levels where the rooms were visible in the same plan view was having trouble getting Ideate ReNumber to pick up the room on the Mezzanine level.
- Renaming Sheets to ISO 19650 Using Ideate ReNumber – Read this short blog post to see how to use Ideate ReNumber to renumber sheets to the BS EN ISO 19650 standard using one of rules created and saved in the bonus rules that ship with IdeateApps.
- Ideate SmartDelete – Who hasn’t deleted an item within a Revit model only to find that several other items were deleted with it? It’s such a common problem that many people posted about it on Revit forums. We did something about it! The Ideate SmartDelete tool shows you all the elements that will be deleted with your selection, and lets you select the items that you want to keep.
- Ideate SpellCheck – Spelling errors in a Revit model can give the reader the impression that you don’t pay attention to details. However, finding all typos or errors in a Revit model can be incredibly difficult, because the spellchecker that comes in the software doesn’t check data found within schedules. Ideate SpellCheck does!
- Ideate SpellCheck Overview – Watch this short video to see how to use this powerful tool to define the range of sheets, views, and schedules within your project that you’d like to spellcheck.
- Recording of 03-25-20 Webinar: Learn the Simple ABCs of Ideate SpellCheck – Take a deeper dive by watching the recording of this webinar in which we covered:
- An overview of Ideate SpellCheck
- How to set up the dictionaries
- The three selection methods for checking text
- Demonstrations of each method
- Tips and tricks
- Ideate XRay – Do you spend a lot of time searching for elements that you know are there but can’t see? That’s because Revit allows a lot of option to display or hide elements within the model, and the out-of-the-box capabilities for diagnosing visibility issues within Revit are limited. Ideate XRay is the answer!
- Ideate QuickSelect - The fact that the Revit project browser doesn’t search all items in your model can create problems that are time consuming and frustrating to fix. With the Ideate QuickSelect model browser, you can increase your productivity by quickly locating, reviewing, and editing hard-to-find items, including model or annotation elements, inserted or linked CAD files, section boxes, scope boxes, elevation of section markers, schedule graphics, and view references.
See More Workflow Demonstrations
There are hundreds of ways to use Ideate Software plugins for Revit. Check out our Video Library to see how to streamline the Revit workflows causing you trouble.
Browse our website to explore Ideate Software’s range of Revit tools and see how they can make your Revit projects faster, simpler, and more accurate.
Check us out on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
If you have any questions, reach out to us. We are here to help you understand and use our Revit plugin solutions.