In 2022, we once again achieved our goal of quickly aligning our Ideate Software solutions with the latest version of Revit (and 3 previous releases) while introducing new products and features that respond to requests from Revit users:
- Perform time-intensive tasks in the background with Ideate Automation 2.0
- Review 2D annotations and clashes with Ideate Annotate, a new tool within IdeateApps
- Find Revit elements by their respective tag values with Ideate Explorer
- Maintain model health more easily with Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Explorer, Ideate Annotate, and Ideate Automation using our Revit Model Health Check
- Review Revit Parameter information with Ideate StyleManager and Ideate BIMLink
- Publish PDF information with ease using Ideate Automation
In-Person Gatherings Back in the Mix!
For much of our team, the most memorable thing about 2022 was the return of in-person gatherings. After two long years of online-only appointments, meetings, conferences, etc., restrictions lifted and we went to town, literally!
- England - December Revit Data Management Insights Group – London
- Australia - BILT Australia – Gold Coast
- Germany - BIM World - Munich
- England - London Build Expo
- United States - Autodesk University
- Scotland - Women in BIM
- Ireland - BIM Coordinators Summit – Dublin
- United States - BILT North America
- England - May Revit Data Management Insights Group - London
- France - BIM World – Paris
- England – Ideate Software Beta Group Lunch & Learn
- Canada – Toronto City Tour Seminar
Customers Remain Our Priority
Ideate Software invests heavily in ensuring our customers are aware of all the ways our Revit add-ins simplify data management. Here are just a few examples:
Online Training & Presentations
Virtual trainings continue to be a favorite learning method for customers; they appreciate the live meetings to ask questions and the easy access to recordings, which they can refer to often and recommend to colleagues:
- 3 Key Ingredients of a Productive BIM Strategy
- Productivity Enhancing Updates to IdeateApps
- Getting Started with Ideate Automation
- Advanced Revit Model Health
- Wishlist Granted – Top User Requests and Implemented Features
- Online User Group Meeting on Parameters
- Q&A Session with Ideate Software
- Automate Sheet and View Management
Online events such as seminars, podcasts, and webinars continued to be popular and a great way for Ideate Software to engage with the greater AECO industry.
- BIMxt November Meeting
- The Architect’s Newspaper webinar for July featuring Managing Revit Sheets and Views
- The Architect’s Newspaper for March featuring Revit Data Management
- BIMThoughts Podcast featuring our ViewCreator Room View Method
- BIMThoughts Podcast on BIM in the UK
Ideate Software in the Press
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Based on positive comments received in 2021, we continued our Training and Support blog post series, which provide detailed answers to frequent customer questions.
|Training Series||Support Series|
|Create Sheets from Views||Find Revit Elements Assigned to Design Options|
|Place Viewports on Sheets||Sort Revit Warnings by Level|
|Move Elements to Another Level||Find Overridden Dimensions|
Online Demos of Top 10 Ways to Use Ideate Explorer to Audit Revit Models
To make it easier for customers to get right to the model auditing content they want, we split up the information from our popular webinar, Top 10 Auditing Tips, into 10 very short video demonstrations and posted them on our YouTube channel. Now customers can bookmark the page with all 10 videos and quickly view the ones they need when they need them.
An Outstanding Customer Experience Delivered by an Oustanding Team
The leadership at Ideate Software knows that our success is based on our tremendous employees who take great pride in delivering value to customers, coworkers, the company, and the AECO industry overall.
To thank our employees for their hard work and commitment, the leadership team was pleased to host an employee retreat in Hawaii this year. Team members and family members reconnected after long absences or met in person for the first time and spent some quality time getting to know each other. This team-building event recognized the contributions of the team and energized everyone for continued opportunities to develop and support innovative software for Revit users around the world.
As we close out the year, we send sincere thanks to Ideate Software employees, customers, consultants, partners, and others who helped us achieve our 2022 goals. We look forward to 2023 being another year of collaboration, innovation, and success.