“I have to say, this year’s event was the best AU I have been to over my long career of attending and exhibiting at these shows,” said Ideate Software President Bob Palioca, who attended his first AU in 1986.
There were two significant differences between this year’s conference and prior ones: 1) We increased the number of workstations at our booth from two to five, and 2) We had a large group of team members there from leadership, software development, support, customer success, sales, and marketing. In addition to the Ideate Software professionals, Ideate Software advocates Brian Mackey, owner of BD Mackey Design, and Sash Kazeminejad, project manager at Annex Architecture and former customer success manager at Ideate Software, were also at our booth.
The extensive resources enabled us to devote more time to individuals, demo our products in more depth, and even help customers with specific workflow issues they were facing.
As always, our main purpose in attending AU was to show our customers how much we appreciated them. We did that this year through several ways, including:
- Delicious Latin food at Chica in The Venetian
- A digital photo booth where many customers took pictures of their teams and with Ideate Software personnel
- Fun swag, including Ideate Software socks that were a huge hit
- A drawing for a box of Recchiuti Gourmet Chocolates, a true San Francisco treat
In addition to connecting with the AECO community, visiting with many of our 350 beta testers, and attending learning sessions,:
- Ideate Software hosted the Women in BIM event and provided space for the organization to hold meetings with current and prospective mentors
- Our leaders saw what our partner Modulus Consulting is doing with autonomous scanning and reality capture
- Nivin Nabeel, our North America Customer Success Manager, led a well-received session called, “Clone Yourself and Save Time on Repetitive Revit Tasks”
We are all back to work and reviewing our notes for opportunities to continue delighting our customers with outstanding BIM tools that save users time and improve the quality of their Revit models.