This is one of the many great enhancements included in the May 2021 release of IdeateApps. Check out our Help file, What’s New in IdeateApps, to learn about all of them.
Before beginning, make sure the new area plan is defined within the project. Then:
- Launch Ideate ViewCreator
- Select the “Duplicate” method
- Select the rule called “*DUPLICATE” or “DUPLICATE — Change Family” if available. The “Change Family” option is newer and aligns the view name with the area scheme name
- Use “Select Views” to go to the next page
- Use the “Duplicate to Other Family” option, then pick one or more area plans from one area scheme
- Click “Next.” Then pick the new area scheme type to which you will duplicate
- OPTIONAL: When duplicating to a new area scheme, you will be prompted about whether you want to copy any existing boundary lines. Unless you are certain, pick the option to not copy the area boundary lines
- OPTIONAL: “DUPLICATE — Change Family” is set up to allow a view template override. You can set the new area scheme views to a specific view template, if desired
- The proposed new view names can be edited here, or you can select “Rename Views” and complete the process
New area plan views that match the crop and 2D grid settings of the original views are now created. New area boundary lines may be also duplicated during this process.
Visit our Ideate ViewCreator online Help files for detailed information about how to manage some of the other more sophisticated batch creation workflows.
About the Author
Glynnis Patterson, NCARB – Director of Software Development
Glynnis is a registered architect and has worked within the building information modeling (BIM) industry since 1998. A graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, she has worked as an architect, educator and construction site manager. Glynnis is the Director of Software Development Services and continues to work with AECO clients worldwide, developing, and consulting on solutions to BIM challenges. In her spare time, Glynnis volunteers for the local high school and with growitgreenmorristown.org. Find Glynnis on LinkedIn.