Adding to a Revit Deployment
Ideate software can be added to a Revit deployment. See below for Revit version-specific deployment instructions.
2014-2016 Revit Deployments
Ideate software can be added to a Revit deployment using the "Include Additional Software" utility found in the Create Deployments section of the installer. To do so, please follow these steps.
- Run the Revit Deployment Creation.
- Follow the on screen instructions to create the deployment until you arrive at the screen prompting to Include Additional Software.
- Click the Add button and browse to the appropriate MSI
- Enter the appropriate command line parameters. Note- This method uses the same command line parameters as above but without the switches. For example, IDEATE_LICENSE_TYPE=network IDEATE_LICENSE_SERVER=@yourservername specifies Ideate Explorer to be installed as network looking to yourservername for a license.
- Continue through the deployment creation process, click Create when finished.
This same process can be used to update the Ideate Software to the latest point release.
2013 Revit Deployments
- Run the Revit Deployment Creation. There are no settings that need to be changed as part of this process, but set the settings as you normally would.
- Open the Revit Deployment AdminImage folder.
- Create a folder named Extensions.
- Copy the correct .msi for the deployment (32-bit or 64-bit) into Extensions folder.
- In the AdminImage folder edit the .ini file using notepad.
- At the very end of the .ini file add the following. Change the items in yellow to match your install. Include only the software that you are installing. If you are installing standalone the EXE_PARAM and IDEATE_LICENSE_SERVER lines can be removed.
#================ REVIT Extensions ================
- Near the top of the .ini, in the Revit section, find the line below and add the abbreviations used in the prior step.
The changes are complete. The software will now install along with Revit, when this deployment is run, using the license type and setting indicated in the .ini. Standalone licenses will still need to be activated.
Submit feature or issue request for Ideate Software
Thank you for taking time to inform us about a bug or feature request.
If you'd like to upload a file to help explain the issue, you can upload a file to Hightail.