Receiving Field Coordinate Point Data
Improve the accuracy of staked or installed building components by coordinating survey data with the Revit model. The data can be received via a total station or other device from the project site (typically as a CSV file) and then imported as 'nodes' within the Revit project by using Ideate BIMLink's ability to create new Generic Model elements.
As with Mass elements, Generic Model families can be created from an Excel file following this process:
- Acquire XYZ data from a survey and request an Excel file format with a separate column for X, Y, and Z values.
- Create a Generic Model family to act as a point node or you can use the family called "IdeatePT.rfa" which is located at C:\Program Files\Ideate\Ideate Software 2016\Ideate BIMLink\en-US\Samples\Construction Links.
- Place one instance of the Generic Model family in the project using the Workplane option. NOTE: If the element is placed on a wall or floor or other host it will not be able to be moved later.
- Create a link based on the Generic Model category or use the Sample Link called "Generic_Model-Survey_Pts". Be sure to include the Point_X, Point_Y, and Point_Z coordinate properties.
- Export the link data to Excel to create a new Excel file.
- Copy the X,Y, Z values from the survey data into the corresponding coordinate columns.
- For each new survey point, add the word "NEW" in column A (Id).
- Import the changes from Excel.
The result is that you have a Generic Model element located at each of the locations specified in the survey. Consider using the Pin tool to prevent them from moving.
Related Topics: Sending Coordinate Data to the Field and Create New Masses and Generic Models
Submit feature or issue request for Ideate Software
Please fill in the form below completely and then click the Submit button. If you're reporting a bug, it will be helpful if you give the steps on how to reproduce the bug.
Thank you for taking time to inform us about a bug or feature request.
If you'd like to upload a file to help explain the issue, you can upload a file to Hightail.